This Christmas ask yourself this question “does my life reflect a life with Jesus as King, or am I more like Herod?”
How to know who is on the throne:
- Does the thought of Jesus Christ ruling your life excite you or threaten you?
- Is your life characterized by fear of losing control or faith in a sovereign God?
- In your sphere of influence do you bring righteousness, peace and joy or anger destruction and pain?
- When people wrong you do you seek revenge or reconciliation?
- Are you seeking first the kingdom of God or are you seeking the temporary pleasures of this world?
- Have you ever prayed “Lord what will you have me to do?” or are your prayers more of a shopping list?
- Are you more afraid of losing your status and position in your own self-made kingdom or are you more afraid of God which is the beginning of wisdom?
Sermon Topics: Matthew 2