About Emmanuel Baptist Church
Emmanuel Baptist Church is a Christ-centred, Bible-teaching Church. God’s Word is the foundation of our faith and practice.
Why We Exist
Emmanuel Baptist church exists to lead people into a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ and His family.
To fulfill this mission, we have established the following objectives:
- To show Christ’s love and share the Gospel in our community, to bring people into a personal and saving relationship with God.
- To lead those who come into our services towards a real and responsible relationship with God and His family.
- To establish believers so that they are rooted and built up in the doctrine of God.
- To train and encourage members to understand their giftedness, and to minister effectively in the Church, the community and the world.
- To develop strong and courageous leaders.
- We also exist to be relevant to the community around us, by demonstrating and expressing our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and to express God’s love to them through all we say and do.
Our church began through the vision and sacrificial efforts of U.S. missionaries Dave and Bev Toro.
Under their care, several families covenanted together to form Emmanuel Baptist Church in nearby Kellyville, on August 5, 1973.
In 1976, the present property was purchased and later a church hall was built.
In 1984, Dr. Ken Lesta was called to the pastoral position. Pastor James Langley joined the pastoral staff 2005 and in 2016 Pastor Ryan Connellan also joined the pastoral staff.
God has richly blessed us over the years, allowing us to build the present new church complex in 2012 to be used for His glory and for the sharing of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.